Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Patch to decrypt UnicodeChangePassword2

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 17:22:59 -0800
On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 04:40:36PM -0800, Guy Harris wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 01, 2002 at 04:04:09PM -0500, dheitmueller wrote:
> > The attached patch adds decryption of the NT password encryption block
> > used in the SAMR UnicodeChangePassword2 request.
>
> Checked in.

...and then I checked in changes to:

	pass TRUE rather than FALSE as the byte-order argument to
	"proto_tree_add_item()" (numbers are usually little-endian in
	Microsoft protocols and over-the-wire data structures, if the
	order isn't specified by DCE RPC);

	put an item into the protocol tree for the encrypted NT password
	block in the original tvbuff;

	mallocate the buffer for the Unicode version of the password,
	rather than assuming it'll fit in 256 bytes;

	not try to use the password if the password pointer is a null
	pointer (e.g., if the password hasn't been set).