Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Patch to decrypt UnicodeChangePassword2

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 16:40:36 -0800
On Sun, Dec 01, 2002 at 04:04:09PM -0500, dheitmueller wrote:
> The attached patch adds decryption of the NT password encryption block
> used in the SAMR UnicodeChangePassword2 request.

Checked in.

> The patch includes two new files (crypt-md4.c and crypt-rc4.c) which
> are required to perform the decryption functionality.  I decided to
> import our own crypto sources (taken from Samba), because I have not
> been able to find a suitable GPL cross-platform library that provides
> comparable functionality.

That also means we don't have to add a bunch of configure-script gunk to
check for the library, and don't have to require people to install the
library in question to get the decryption.

> I am not certain how to modify the win32 makefiles to include the new
> files (since I do not have a Win32 environment).  The win32 makefile
> would need to be modified if the patch is committed to CVS.

So does the UNIX Makefile. :-)  I checked in changes to Makefile.am and
Makefile.nmake, in addition to the patch and the new crypt-XXX.[ch]
files; take a look at those changes to see what's necessary on UNIX and
Win32.  (Note that you need to mention the header files on UNIX;
otherwise, "make dist" won't put them into the source tarball for a
release.)