Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Errors in packet-smb-pipe.c

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 03:16:40 -0700
On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 09:35:47PM -0500, Gilbert Ramirez wrote:
> I have two traces file that trigger related bugs in packet-smb-pipe.c.

Actually, the bugs were unrelated - they just happened to be triggered
for the same reason, namely that the remote API request that
corresponded to the reply we were dissecting when we blew up didn't all
fit in the first TCP segment, so we didn't get all of it, and so we
didn't have all the information we needed to dissect the reply.

I've checked in fixes for both of them (and for some other problems that
showed up while testing the fix).

With TCP reassembly turned on, the bugs don't show up.