Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Errors in packet-smb-pipe.c

From: Gilbert Ramirez <gram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 21:35:47 -0500
I have two traces file that trigger related bugs in packet-smb-pipe.c.

In dissect_pipe_lanman(), when dissect_transact_data() is called,
the code does not expect either 'items' or 'desc' to be NULL, but the
condition can happen.

I'd investigate the problem my self, but it appears to deal with
some fundamental logic in the packet-smb-pipe dissector, and not
as trivial to deal with as other simple errors. So, if someone
with more knowledge in packet-smb-pipe.c would like to examine
these problems, the two very small files are attached. They're
snippets from the 'ether4' file available at:

http://research-cistw.saic.com/ethereal/

which was sent to us a long time ago in this e-mail:

http://www.ethereal.com/lists/ethereal-dev/200004/msg00290.html

--gilbert