Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] 3D ICON for Win32

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 12:15:00 -0700
On Sun, Oct 21, 2001 at 12:34:24PM +0100, Gordon McKinney wrote:
> I have enhanced the standard Ethereal Icon and added the following
> renderings:
>
>     * 32x32 - 256 Colour with transparency
>     * 16x16 - 256 Colour with transparency
>     * 16x16 - 16 Colour
>
> I have attached the new .ico file to this mail, would someone be kind enough
> to check it into CVS.

Done.

How did you generate the icons?  Did you use POV-Ray to generate them
from the description, or did you edit the existing icons?

It might be nice to have 65536 and 2^24-color icons for Windows, as well
as having PNG icons for KDE in various sizes and color palettes, as per
the KDE style guide

	http://www.kde.org/artist/applications.html

	http://www.kde.org/artist/colordepth.html

(Does anybody know what other desktop environments and window managers
in UNIX/X have as icon-set conventions?)