Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] TCP checksums

From: Mark Burton <markb@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 18:11:42 +0100 (BST)
Folks,

I have discovered that if you capture packets under linux 2.4.4 from
an 3c905c ethernet card, the TCP checksum is sometimes wrong. I don't
understand what's going on in the kernel but I assume it's something
to do with the fact that the card supports hardware checksumming.

Anyway, is it worth adding a preference to the TCP dissector to allow
desegmentation of packets even though the checksum is bad?

Cheers,

Mark