Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Re: smb

From: "Pia Sahlberg" <piabar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 04:26:42 +0000
Hi

Guy wrote
Or, rather, between 1.113 and 1.121 (I don't know where the 1.43 version
I was looking at came from), but still, please update it - "diff -c"
followed by "patch" produced a bunch of failures and "misordered hunks"
complaints, and I'm not going to put any time or effort into making it
work.

Please update the other files as well, e.g. "packet-mailslot.c", and
don't bother including the files that *weren't* changed.

Sorry, I have not followed the CVS traffic for some time.
I was not aware of any significant changes to packet-smb.c
during the last few weeks.

As you have already seen on the list I have a fully tvbuffified and enhanced smb dissector based on september 14 snapshot.

I will grab a new nightly snapshot and provide patches against that one.

Would you like small incremental patches containing one command at a time or would a single mega-patch be prefered?
(smaller ones are more work but auditing of the changes are easier)

best regards
 ronnie s