Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Assertion fails on W2k

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 14:45:37 -0700 (PDT)
> I've obtained the source but don't see a proto.c file.

Either you didn't get all the source, or didn't realize that the
Ethereal source has several subdirectories - "proto.c" is in the "epan"
subdirectory.

> Does anyone know of a fix for this?

No, as the reason why that assertion is that some routine that called
the routine where the assertion failed passed an invalid argument to it,
and we don't know what routine that was, and thus don't know what the
bug is, and thus can't fix it.

> I seem to experience it almost constantly. Also, since on windows, I
> wasn't able
> to find instructions for setting up a build environment

Did you check the "README.win32" file?