Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] ./configure on Windows 2000

From: Diwakar Shetty <diwakar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 18:00:14 +0530
hi !!!

I have been modifying ethereal source code since the past one year on
Linux.

Now I have to compile ethereal-0.8.19 source files on Windows 2000. Some
questions on this

Question 1
--------------
Given the source code,  the steps in Linux are as follows:
    ./configure
    make
    make install

What are the steps in case of Windows

For "make and make install" I can use "nmake Makefile.nmake"
But what about the "configure" script ?? How do I run it ??

And yes, I have already seen the README for Windows.......

Question 2
---------------
What are the source files ( ".c" and ".h") created or modified by
"./configure" on Linux/Windows ?

The reason for asking is this is that I have trying to port MODIFIED
source files of ethereal FROM LINUX TO WINDOWS 2000. And if i run
"configure" (the first time) then it may undo the changes that I have
done to ethereal source files.

Question 3
Is there any web site / book where I can know more about "configure" in
general e.g:  how to write it ?? how to use it ??etc

Any guidance / pointers shall be appreciated.

Thanking in advance.

Regards

Diwakar

Disclaimer