Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Re: [Ethereal-users] winpcap 2.1 and windump 3.5.2 released

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 16:11:51 -0800
On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 10:04:04AM -0600, Gilbert Ramirez wrote:
> I'm working on modifying the win32 build to build wiretap as a DLL.
> This includes the usage of WinPcap 2.1. I did most of the work
> last night; I should be able check in the changes real soon,
> possibly tonight.

Note: anybody who has installed the latest version (or perhaps even
earlier versions) of the Microsoft Platform SDK on their machine may
want to remove the "win32.mak" that comes with it - at least with MSVC++
6.0 Standard Edition, when building wiretap-0.0.dll, if you're using the
latest Platform SDK "win32.mak", the library will *NOT* be linked with
"msvcrt.lib", and the link will fail.  It works OK with the "win32.mak"
that comes with MSVC++ 6.0.