Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Re: [Ethereal-users] winpcap 2.1 and windump 3.5.2 released

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 22:19:30 -0800
On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 08:10:02PM +0100, Loris Degioanni wrote:
> The new versions of winpcap and windump are at last available.

Well, I built Ethereal with the new winpcap, and it seems to work.

The only thing I had to do was change Makefile.nmake to link with
"wpcap.lib" rather than "libpcap.lib".

That change should probably be checked in, and the next Ethereal
release's Windows binary distribution should probably be built with
WinPcap 2.1.