Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] shared libraries

From: Gilbert Ramirez <gilramir@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 14:52:06 -0600
Guy Harris wrote:

> 5) Put the existing dissector base into libethereal, which would also
>    include "register.c".

This is the right way to approach it, at first.
Eventually it would be nice to organize the dissectors into
large plugins, so that the "ipx" plugin has the dissectors for
ipx, spx, ipxrip, ipxsap, nbipx, and ncp, while the "ipv4"
plugin has icmp, ipv4, tcp, udp, or whatever.

Moving the dissectors to an epan/dissectors directory
would be appropriate, and would finally clean up our
top-level directory. Who wants to do all that cvs work? :)

--gilbert