Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] VJ compressed PPP packets ??

From: Jeff Foster <jfoste@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 13:23:50 -0600
Attached is the are diff files for the changes I made to
impliment named data sources. There are small changes
to some the the files in epan to support the addition
of a name to the tvbuffer.  The majority of the changes
are to the GUI code. Apply the named_data.diff first and
then apply the byte_select.diff file.  The named_data.diff
was create using cvs diff this morning.  The byte_select.diff
reflects the changes made to support the byte select
callback.

Currently this code doesn't add named data support to
tethereal. That shouldn't be a problem until we actually
have a dissector that uses named data. Then tethereal
will only display the received frame and not the extra
data sources created by dissectors.

I will clean-up my Wellfleet compression dissector and
post it to the list with a capture file so you can
actually see the system working.

Your feedback is welcome.

Jeff Foster
jfoste@xxxxxxxxxxxx