Ethereal-dev: RE: [ethereal-dev] Problem building latest cvs tree

From: Peter Kjellerstedt <peter.kjellerstedt@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 03:03:07 +0100

I've been having this problem for a while (I have a RH6.0 system with
libtool 1.3.3 (RH6.1 also has that version, btw)), and knowing just
about nothing about libtool I solved it today without having to upgrade
libtool (there's no 1.3.4 RPM yet as far as I know). I just used
'libtoolize --copy --force -ltdl' in the main directory, removed the
config.cache file (which was the cause of the problem with
ld_preloaded_symbols being defined twice), and then it built just fine :)

So, it seems the solution to the problem with different versions of libtool
is to remove ltconfig, config.guess and libltdl/ from CVS and add
'libtoolize --copy --force -ltdl' to the autogen.sh file (just before it
configures the . and wiretap directories), or am I totally wrong here?

//Peter