Ethereal-dev: Re: [ethereal-dev] Libtool changes checked in

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 00:39:19 -0800
> I noticed that the install directory for plugins is currently
> $(prefix)/share/ethereal (actually, I changed it to
> $(prefix)/share/ethereal/0.8).

Is the "0.8" there so that if the interface to plugins changes, we can
keep around versions of plugins for multiple versions of Ethereal?

We might want to have "configure" put the version number portion of the
plugin directory path into a #define, so that "configure.in" can define
it once, and have that definition be picked up both by the Makefile and
by "plugins_dlg.c".