Ethereal-dev: [ethereal-dev] Libtool changes checked in

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 16:38:28 -0600 (EST)
I've just checked in some changes that modify the plugin code to use
libtool and libltdl.  Plugins should work on platforms that support
dynamic libraries, independent of the actual calls used (e.g. HP-UX uses
shl_load instead of dlopen).  The libtool documentation says that it can
fake dynamic loading on static-only systems, but I haven't tested this.

I noticed that the install directory for plugins is currently
$(prefix)/share/ethereal (actually, I changed it to
$(prefix)/share/ethereal/0.8).  Other packages (e.g. the Gimp) install
in $(prefix)/lib instead.  Should we put plugins in 'lib' as well?