Ethereal-dev: Re: [ethereal-dev] netxray 1.1 files

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 17:36:19 -0800 (PST)
> Nope, Sniffer Pro 2.0.01 (Windows) did not like the netxray 1.1
> file produced by wiretap. The error message was:
>
> Unable to load file: xxxxxx

It appears that one of the fields in the header is the number of packets
in the capture; I checked in a change to write that field, and also
checked in changes to write out the time stamps - I get the right time
stamps if I read in a file that I ran through "editcap", but the fact
that Wiretap correctly reads NetXRay files that Wiretap wrote doesn't,
in and of itself, demonstrate that it's doing the right thing....