Ethereal-dev: Re: [ethereal-dev] Update for packet-v120.c

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 22:16:45 -0800
> The attached diff implements unpacking the H octet(s). I also took the
> opportunity to fix my brain fart in the byte order of the address field;
> since the bits are interpreted from right to left the bytes should follow
> that order as well. The diff is relative to current CVS.

Checked in.

The dissection of frame 27 shows, in the detail window, the LLI field
(which looks as if it's the equivalent of the address field in other
xDLC protocols), the header field, and the control field, in that order.

That's not the order in which they appear in the frame - if V.120 is an
xDLC-style protocol, there's presumably an address field (the LLI
field), a control field, and then payload.

Should the fields be displayed in that order?

>  - 555-1212, in my recollection, is indeed the directory assistence number
> that at least some carriers use in the US. In its original place of course
> was the access number of my company's Portmaster 3.

It looked suspiciously like a dummy number stuck in to hide a real
number....