Ethereal-dev: Re: [ethereal-dev] The 3 panes

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 21:37:55 -0800 (PST)
> > Here's the patch to do so; if no one objects, I'll commit it.
>
> I'll give it a try.

Looks good.

Unfortunately, the only place I've seen a multi-paned window where it
appears that you can specify what *fraction* of the window a pane should
take, so that the panes grow or shrink proportionally as the window is
resized, is Microsoft Network Monitor.  I don't know whether any
standard Windows paned-window widget does that, or if they had to roll
their own; I've not seen that in any X toolkit.

That way, if you make the window larger, it doesn't give all the
additional space to the bottommost pane, that being the pane you're
probably least likely to care about making bigger.

It also appears that if you manually resize a pane, the fractions
adjust.