Ethereal-dev: Re: [ethereal-dev] wiretap request - if it's not too much trouble

From: Olivier Abad <abad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 00:12:33 +0100
On mer, d�c 08, 1999 at 03:54:37 -0600, Neulinger, Nathan R. wrote:
> I've got a sniffer, and would be willing to do the work myself, but I
> could use a basic explanation of how to add it to wiretap. (Haven't
> spent much time on that code and it's not the most intuitive with all
> the encapsulation stuff, etc.)

I started working on it. My code allows me to save captures which can be
read by ethereal, but not by a real sniffer (It complains about the
version, but I can't understand why...).
However, it is useful for me because it can save filtered X.25 captures.
If anybody is interested, I'll send a patch to the list tomorrow (I
won't commit it until it works with a real sniffer).

Olivier
--
One planet is all you get.