Ethereal-dev: [ethereal-dev] ethereal blocking when there is no traffic

From: GOMEZ Henri <GOMEZ@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 15:43:37 +0100
Hi !!!

I build Redhat RPM for ethereal for some time now and have the same
behaviour.

I modified the gerald patch to build a new libpcap from RH 6.1 SRPMS
(tcpdump)
I've allways have a lock when there is no data matching a rule.

I'm investigating now.

I noticed that in modified pcap-linux.c, when there is no data we just
return(0) and didn't use the callback functions :

(*callback)(user, &h1, bp).

May be something like this ?

-
Henri Gomez                 ___[_]____
EMAIL : gomez@xxxxxxx         (. .)
PGP KEY : 4912D659    ...oOOo..(_)..oOOo...
PGP Fingerprint : 8CAD0D50356DA7E45C540B010FFE39E8