Ethereal-dev: [ethereal-dev] New dissector question

From: Steve Limkemann <stevelim@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 11:42:30 -0500 (EST)
  My employer, Dearborn Group Technology, makes an automotive network tool
called Gryphon that also has an ethernet connection.  It uses a 486 class
processor and runs Linux.  A communications protocol running on top of
TCP/IP was developed to communicate with its communications sever and
other programs.  This protocol also enables vehicle network traffic to be
read and written by any computer connected to it via ethernet using
TCP/IP.

  I have written a dissector for the Gryphon protocol and was wondering if
there is any interest in including it in the ethereal source.  The
dissector does not decode any vehicle network messages.  The protocol is
unique to Dearborn Group's Gryphon, but as more Gryphons are sold, there
may be a small number of users that are interested in it.  I have already
talked to my boss about it and he has no problem releasing the code under
GPL.

			Steve

/  Steve Limkemann     \/  A microsecond here and a microsecond there,  \
|  Westland, Michigan  ||    and before you know it, you're talking     |
|  USA, North America  ||                real-time.                     |
|  Earth, Solar System ||                                               |
|  Milky Way           ||      Smoking: Not just an addiction,          |
|    MGX467 271 48185  ||               but a way of death.             |