Ethereal-dev: [ethereal-dev] Re: [ethereal-users] ethereal blocking when there is no traffic.

From: Andy Bradford <bradipo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 00:54:44 -0700
Thus said Andy Bradford on Tue, 30 Nov 1999 21:02:40 MST:

> What I mean by block is that when there is no traffic if I minimize the
> window and bring it up again all the widgets turn grey as they don't
> refresh and I cannot select any packets (even when auto-update of list)
> is selected.  I am using version 0.7.7 and will upgrade to 0.7.8 soon
> to see if it still does it. :)
Ok, upgraded to 0.7.9 and it still does it.  I also made sure that I
had patched libpcap with Guy's patch for linux and it still does it.  I
guess I wasn't clear enough the first time I described the problem so I
would like to clarify a bit here.  The problem is not with the main
ethereal window but with the "Capture/Playback" window.  If I iconify
it then de-iconify it, the text disappears until the next frame on the
wire comes through.  That means I can't press stop until the next frame
is captured, etc.  Has anyone else experienced this?
Andy
--
        +====== Andy ====== TiK: garbaglio ======+
        |    Linux is about freedom of choice    |