Table of Contents
Wireshark is the world’s most popular network protocol analyzer. It is used for troubleshooting, analysis, development and education.
The following vulnerabilities have been fixed.
The following bugs have been fixed:
- VoIP flow graph crash upon opening. (Bug 9179)
- Tshark with "-F pcap" still generates a pcapng file. (Bug 9991)
- IPv6 Next Header 0x3d recognized as SHIM6. (Bug 9995)
- Failed to export pdml on large pcap. (Bug 10081)
- TCAP: set a fence on info column after calling sub dissector (Bug 10091)
- Dissector bug in JSON protocol. (Bug 10115)
- GSM RLC MAC: do not skip too many lines of the CSN_DESCR when the field is missing (Bug 10120)
- Wireshark PEEKREMOTE incorrectly decoding QoS data packets from Cisco Sniffer APs. (Bug 10139)
- IEEE 802.11: fix dissection of HT Capabilities (Bug 10166)
Wireshark source code and installation packages are available from http://www.wireshark.org/download.html.
Most Linux and Unix vendors supply their own Wireshark packages. You can usually install or upgrade Wireshark using the package management system specific to that platform. A list of third-party packages can be found on the download page on the Wireshark web site.
Wireshark and TShark look in several different locations for preference files, plugins, SNMP MIBS, and RADIUS dictionaries. These locations vary from platform to platform. You can use About→Folders to find the default locations on your system.
Dumpcap might not quit if Wireshark or TShark crashes. (Bug 1419)
The BER dissector might infinitely loop. (Bug 1516)
Capture filters aren’t applied when capturing from named pipes. (Bug 1814)
Filtering tshark captures with read filters (-R) no longer works. (Bug 2234)
The 64-bit Windows installer does not support Kerberos decryption. (Win64 development page)
Application crash when changing real-time option. (Bug 4035)
Hex pane display issue after startup. (Bug 4056)
Packet list rows are oversized. (Bug 4357)
Summary pane selected frame highlighting not maintained. (Bug 4445)
Wireshark and TShark will display incorrect delta times in some cases. (Bug 4985)
Community support is available on Wireshark’s Q&A site and on the wireshark-users mailing list. Subscription information and archives for all of Wireshark’s mailing lists can be found on the web site.
Official Wireshark training and certification are available from Wireshark University.
A complete FAQ is available on the Wireshark web site.
- WLAN packet capture and transmission
- Full 802.11 a/b/g/n support
- View management, control and data frames
- Multi-channel aggregation (with multiple adapters)