Table of Contents
Wireshark is the world’s most popular network protocol analyzer. It is used for troubleshooting, analysis, development and education.
The following vulnerabilities have been fixed.
The following bugs have been fixed:
- RTP not decoded inside the conversation in v.1.10.1 (Bug 9021)
- SIP/SDP: disabled second media stream disables all media streams (Bug 9835)
- Lua: trying to get/access a Preference before its registered causes a segfault (Bug 9853)
- Some value_string strings contain newlines. (Bug 9878)
- Tighten the NO_MORE_DATA_CHECK macros (Bug 9932)
- Fix crash when calling "MAP Summary" dialog when no file is open (Bug 9934)
- Fix comparing a sequence number of TCP fragment when its value wraps over uint32_t limit (Bug 9936)
ANSI A, DVB-CI, GSM DTAP, GSM MAP, IEEE 802.11, LCSAP, LTE RRC, MAC LTE, Prism, RTP, SDP, SIP, and TCP
Wireshark source code and installation packages are available from http://www.wireshark.org/download.html.
Most Linux and Unix vendors supply their own Wireshark packages. You can usually install or upgrade Wireshark using the package management system specific to that platform. A list of third-party packages can be found on the download page on the Wireshark web site.
Wireshark and TShark look in several different locations for preference files, plugins, SNMP MIBS, and RADIUS dictionaries. These locations vary from platform to platform. You can use About→Folders to find the default locations on your system.
Dumpcap might not quit if Wireshark or TShark crashes. (Bug 1419)
The BER dissector might infinitely loop. (Bug 1516)
Capture filters aren’t applied when capturing from named pipes. (Bug 1814)
Filtering tshark captures with read filters (-R) no longer works. (Bug 2234)
The 64-bit Windows installer does not support Kerberos decryption. (Win64 development page)
Application crash when changing real-time option. (Bug 4035)
Hex pane display issue after startup. (Bug 4056)
Packet list rows are oversized. (Bug 4357)
Summary pane selected frame highlighting not maintained. (Bug 4445)
Wireshark and TShark will display incorrect delta times in some cases. (Bug 4985)
Community support is available on Wireshark’s Q&A site and on the wireshark-users mailing list. Subscription information and archives for all of Wireshark’s mailing lists can be found on the web site.
Official Wireshark training and certification are available from Wireshark University.
A complete FAQ is available on the Wireshark web site.
- WLAN packet capture and transmission
- Full 802.11 a/b/g/n support
- View management, control and data frames
- Multi-channel aggregation (with multiple adapters)