Table of Contents
Wireshark is the world’s most popular network protocol analyzer. It is used for troubleshooting, analysis, development and education.
The following vulnerabilities have been fixed.
The following bugs have been fixed:
- Wireshark can crash during remote capture (rpcap) configuration. (Bug 3554, Bug 6922, ws-buglink:7021)
- MIPv6 Service Selection Identifier parse error. (Bug 10323)
- 802.11 BA sequence number decode is broken. (Bug 10334)
- TRILL NLPID 0xc0 unknown to Wireshark. (Bug 10382)
- Wrong decoding of RPKI RTR End of Data PDU. (Bug 10411)
- Misparsed NTP control assignments with empty values. (Bug 10417)
- 6LoWPAN multicast address decompression problems. (Bug 10426)
- GUI Hangs when Selecting Path to GeoIP Files. (Bug 10434)
- 6LoWPAN context handling not working. (Bug 10443)
- SIP: When export to a CSV, Info is changed to differ. (Bug 10453)
- Typo in packet-netflow.c. (Bug 10458)
- UCP dissector bug of operation 30 - data not decoded. (Bug 10464)
6LoWPAN, DVB-CI, IEEE 802.11, MEGACO, MIPv6, Netflow, NTP, OSI, RPKI RTR, RTP, RTSP, SES, SIP, and UCP
Wireshark source code and installation packages are available from http://www.wireshark.org/download.html.
Most Linux and Unix vendors supply their own Wireshark packages. You can usually install or upgrade Wireshark using the package management system specific to that platform. A list of third-party packages can be found on the download page on the Wireshark web site.
Wireshark and TShark look in several different locations for preference files, plugins, SNMP MIBS, and RADIUS dictionaries. These locations vary from platform to platform. You can use About→Folders to find the default locations on your system.
Dumpcap might not quit if Wireshark or TShark crashes. (Bug 1419)
The BER dissector might infinitely loop. (Bug 1516)
Capture filters aren’t applied when capturing from named pipes. (Bug 1814)
Filtering tshark captures with read filters (-R) no longer works. (Bug 2234)
The 64-bit Windows installer does not support Kerberos decryption. (Win64 development page)
Application crash when changing real-time option. (Bug 4035)
Hex pane display issue after startup. (Bug 4056)
Packet list rows are oversized. (Bug 4357)
Summary pane selected frame highlighting not maintained. (Bug 4445)
Wireshark and TShark will display incorrect delta times in some cases. (Bug 4985)
Community support is available on Wireshark’s Q&A site and on the wireshark-users mailing list. Subscription information and archives for all of Wireshark’s mailing lists can be found on the web site.
Official Wireshark training and certification are available from Wireshark University.
A complete FAQ is available on the Wireshark web site.
- WLAN packet capture and transmission
- Full 802.11 a/b/g/n support
- View management, control and data frames
- Multi-channel aggregation (with multiple adapters)