SharkFest™, launched in 2008, is a series of annual educational conferences staged in various parts of the globe and focused on sharing knowledge, experience and best practices among the Wireshark® developer and user communities.
SharkFest attendees hone their skills in the art of packet analysis by attending lecture and lab-based sessions delivered by the most seasoned experts in the industry. Wireshark core code contributors also gather during the conference days to enrich and evolve the tool to maintain its relevance in ensuring the productivity of modern networks.
SharkFest’s aim is to support ongoing Wireshark development, to educate and inspire current and future generations of computer science and IT professionals responsible for managing, troubleshooting, diagnosing and securing legacy and modern networks, and to encourage widespread use of the free analysis tool. Per Gerald Combs, Wireshark project Founder …“Wireshark is a tool and a community. My job is to support both”.
- To educate current and future generations of network engineers, network architects, application engineers, network consultants, and other IT professionals in best practices for troubleshooting, securing, analyzing, and maintaining productive, efficient networking infrastructures through use of the Wireshark free, open source analysis tool.
- To share use cases and knowledge among members of the Wireshark user and developer communities in a relaxed, informal milieu.
- To remain a self-funded, independent, educational conference hosted by a corporate sponsor.
- October 29th – 30th, 2-day pre-conference Wireshark University “Troubleshooting with Wireshark” class
- October-November 30th – 2nd , SharkFest Conference (Welcome Dinner begins at 6:00 pm on 6/25 after “TwW”class ends)
- Location: Imperial Riding School Renaissance Hotel
- June 8th – 13th