Name: ActiveMQ OpenWire dissector large loop
Date: November 1, 2013
Affected versions: 1.10.0 to 1.10.2, 1.8.0 to 1.8.10
Fixed versions: 1.10.3, 1.8.11
The OpenWire dissector could go into a large loop. Discovered by Murali.
It may be possible to make Wireshark consume excessive CPU resources by injecting a malformed packet onto the wire or by convincing someone to read a malformed packet trace file.
Upgrade to Wireshark 1.10.3, 1.8.11 or later.
Free 30 day trial
- Save hours on network and application issue diagnoses
- Monitor physical and virtual environments
- GUI packet capture and analysis
- Fully integrated with Wireshark
- WLAN packet capture and transmission
- Full 802.11 a/b/g/n support
- View management, control and data frames
- Multi-channel aggregation (with multiple adapters)