Name: Netmon file parser crash
Date: September 10, 2013
Affected versions: 1.10.0 to 1.10.1, 1.8.0 to 1.8.9
Fixed versions: 1.10.2, 1.8.10
The Netmon file parser could crash. Discovered by G. Geshev.
It may be possible to make Wireshark crash by convincing someone to read a malformed packet trace file.
This is a complete fix for wnpa-sec-2013-51.
Upgrade to Wireshark 1.10.2, 1.8.10 or later.
Free 30 day trial
- Save hours on network and application issue diagnoses
- Monitor physical and virtual environments
- GUI packet capture and analysis
- Fully integrated with Wireshark
- WLAN packet capture and transmission
- Full 802.11 a/b/g/n support
- View management, control and data frames
- Multi-channel aggregation (with multiple adapters)