Name: Ixia IxVeriWave file parser crash
Date: June 7, 2013
Affected versions: 1.8.0 to 1.8.7
Fixed versions: 1.8.8
The Ixia IxVeriWave file parser could overflow the heap. Discovered by Sachin Shinde.
It may be possible to make Wireshark consume excessive CPU resources and crash by convincing someone to read a malformed packet trace file.
Upgrade to Wireshark 1.8.8 or later.
Free 30 day trial
- Save hours on network and application issue diagnoses
- Monitor physical and virtual environments
- GUI packet capture and analysis
- Fully integrated with Wireshark
- WLAN packet capture and transmission
- Full 802.11 a/b/g/n support
- View management, control and data frames
- Multi-channel aggregation (with multiple adapters)