Name: HTTP dissector crash
Date: June 7, 2013
Affected versions: 1.8.0 to 1.8.7, 1.6.0 to 1.6.15
Fixed versions: 1.8.8, 1.6.16
The HTTP dissector could overrun the stack.
It may be possible to make Wireshark consume excessive CPU resources and crash by injecting a malformed packet onto the wire or by convincing someone to read a malformed packet trace file.
Upgrade to Wireshark 1.8.8, 1.6.16 or later.
Free 30 day trial
- Save hours on network and application issue diagnoses
- Monitor physical and virtual environments
- GUI packet capture and analysis
- Fully integrated with Wireshark
- WLAN packet capture and transmission
- Full 802.11 a/b/g/n support
- View management, control and data frames
- Multi-channel aggregation (with multiple adapters)