Name: Wireshark pcap-ng host name disclosure
Date: November 28, 2012
Affected versions: 1.8.0 to 1.8.3
Fixed versions: 1.8.4
Wireshark could leak potentially sensitive host name resolution information when working with multiple pcap-ng files. Discovered by Laura Chappell.
Pcap-ng files created with Wireshark could contain sensitive host name information.
Upgrade to Wireshark 1.8.4 or later.
Free 30 day trial
- Save hours on network and application issue diagnoses
- Monitor physical and virtual environments
- GUI packet capture and analysis
- Fully integrated with Wireshark
- WLAN packet capture and transmission
- Full 802.11 a/b/g/n support
- View management, control and data frames
- Multi-channel aggregation (with multiple adapters)