Name: Wireshark pcap-ng file parser zero division
Date: August 15, 2012
Affected versions: 1.8.0 to 1.8.1
Fixed versions: 1.8.2
The pcap-ng file parser could trigger a zero division.
It may be possible to make Wireshark crash by convincing someone to read a malformed packet trace file.
Upgrade to Wireshark 1.8.2 or later.
Free 30 day trial
- Save hours on network and application issue diagnoses
- Monitor physical and virtual environments
- GUI packet capture and analysis
- Fully integrated with Wireshark
- WLAN packet capture and transmission
- Full 802.11 a/b/g/n support
- View management, control and data frames
- Multi-channel aggregation (with multiple adapters)