Name: Infinite and large loops in many dissectors
Date: May 21, 2012
Affected versions: 1.4.0 to 1.4.12, 1.6.0 to 1.6.7
Fixed versions: 1.4.13, 1.6.8
Infinite and large loops in the ANSI MAP, ASF, BACapp, Bluetooth HCI, IEEE 802.11, IEEE 802.3, LTP, and R3 dissectors have been fixed. Discovered by Laurent Butti.
It may be possible to make Wireshark hang for long or indefinite periods by injecting a malformed packet onto the wire or by convincing someone to read a malformed packet trace file.
Upgrade to Wireshark 1.4.13, 1.6.8 or later.
Free 30 day trial
- Save hours on network and application issue diagnoses
- Monitor physical and virtual environments
- GUI packet capture and analysis
- Fully integrated with Wireshark
- WLAN packet capture and transmission
- Full 802.11 a/b/g/n support
- View management, control and data frames
- Multi-channel aggregation (with multiple adapters)