Name: Wireshark pcap and pcap-ng file format crash
Date: March 27, 2012
Affected versions: 1.4.0 to 1.4.11, 1.6.0 to 1.6.5
Fixed versions: 1.4.12, 1.6.6
References: Wireshark bug 6804
The pcap and pcap-ng file parsers could crash trying to read ERF data.
It may be possible to make Wireshark crash convincing someone to read a malformed packet trace file.
Upgrade to Wireshark 1.4.12, 1.6.6 or later.
Free 30 day trial
- Save hours on network and application issue diagnoses
- Monitor physical and virtual environments
- GUI packet capture and analysis
- Fully integrated with Wireshark
- WLAN packet capture and transmission
- Full 802.11 a/b/g/n support
- View management, control and data frames
- Multi-channel aggregation (with multiple adapters)