Name: Wireshark 802.11 infinite loop
Date: March 27, 2012
Affected versions: 1.6.0 to 1.6.5
Fixed versions: 1.6.6
References: Wireshark bug 6809
The IEEE 802.11 dissector could go into an infinite loop.
It may be possible to make Wireshark crash by injecting a malformed packet onto the wire or by convincing someone to read a malformed packet trace file.
Upgrade to Wireshark 1.6.6 or later.
Free 30 day trial
- Save hours on network and application issue diagnoses
- Monitor physical and virtual environments
- GUI packet capture and analysis
- Fully integrated with Wireshark
- WLAN packet capture and transmission
- Full 802.11 a/b/g/n support
- View management, control and data frames
- Multi-channel aggregation (with multiple adapters)