Name: Multiple Wireshark file parser vulnerabilities
Date: January 10, 2012
Affected versions: 1.4.0 to 1.4.10, 1.6.0 to 1.6.4
Fixed versions: 1.4.11, 1.6.5
Laurent Butti discovered that Wireshark failed to properly check record sizes for many packet capture file formats.
It may be possible to make Wireshark crash by convincing someone to read a malformed packet trace file.
Upgrade to Wireshark 1.4.11, 1.6.5 or later.
Free 30 day trial
- Save hours on network and application issue diagnoses
- Monitor physical and virtual environments
- GUI packet capture and analysis
- Fully integrated with Wireshark
- WLAN packet capture and transmission
- Full 802.11 a/b/g/n support
- View management, control and data frames
- Multi-channel aggregation (with multiple adapters)