Name: Multiple problems in Wireshark
Date: July 10, 2008
Affected versions: 0.8.19 up to and including 1.0.1
Fixed versions: 1.0.2
Wireshark 1.0.2 fixes the following vulnerability:
Wireshark could crash while reassembling packets.
Versions affected: 0.8.19 to 1.0.1
It may be possible to make Wireshark crash by injecting a series of malformed packets onto the wire or by convincing someone to read a malformed packet trace file.
Upgrade to Wireshark 1.0.2 or later. Due to the nature of this bug, there is no workaround for previous versions.
Free 30 day trial
- Save hours on network and application issue diagnoses
- Monitor physical and virtual environments
- GUI packet capture and analysis
- Fully integrated with Wireshark
- WLAN packet capture and transmission
- Full 802.11 a/b/g/n support
- View management, control and data frames
- Multi-channel aggregation (with multiple adapters)