March 28, 2013
Wireshark 1.9.0 has been released. This is an experimental release intended to test features that will go into Wireshark 1.10. Installers for Windows, OS X, and source code are now available.
New and Updated Features
The following features are new (or have been significantly updated) since version 1.8:
- Wireshark on 32- and 64-bit Windows supports automatic updates.
- The packet bytes view is faster.
- You can now display a list of resolved host names in "hosts" format within Wireshark.
- The wireless toolbar has been updated.
- Wireshark on Linux does a better job of detecting interface addition and removal.
- It is now possible to compare two fields in a display filter (for example: udp.srcport != udp.dstport). The two fields must be of the same type for this to work.
- The Windows installers ship with WinPcap 4.1.3, which supports Windows 8.
- USB type and product name support has been improved.
- Wireshark now calculates HTTP response times and presents the result in a new field in the HTTP response. Links from the request’s frame to the response’s frame and vice-versa are also added.
- The main welcome screen and status bar now display file sizes using strict SI prefixes instead of old-style binary prefixes.
- Capinfos now prints human-readable statistics with SI suffixes by default.
- It is now possible to open a referenced packet (such as the matched request or response packet) in a new window.
- It is now possible for tshark to display only the hex/ascii packet data without also requiring that the packet summary and/or packet details are also displayed. If you want the old behavior, use -Px instead of just -x.
- The Wireshark application icon, capture toolbar icons, and other icons have been updated.
Official releases are available right now from the download page.
Free 30 day trial
- Save hours on network and application issue diagnoses
- Monitor physical and virtual environments
- GUI packet capture and analysis
- Fully integrated with Wireshark
- WLAN packet capture and transmission
- Full 802.11 a/b/g/n support
- View management, control and data frames
- Multi-channel aggregation (with multiple adapters)