February 20, 2013
Wireshark 1.9.0 has been released. This is an experimental release intended to test features that will go into Wireshark 1.10. Installers for Windows, OS X, and source code are now available.
New and Updated Features
The following features are new (or have been significantly updated) since version 1.8:
Wireshark on 32- and 64-bit Windows supports automatic updates.
The main welcome screen and status bar now display file sizes using strict SI prefixes instead of old-style binary prefixes.
It is now possible to compare two fields in a display filter (for example: udp.srcport != udp.dstport). The two fields must be of the same type for this to work.
Official releases are available right now from the download page.
Free 30 day trial
- Save hours on network and application issue diagnoses
- Monitor physical and virtual environments
- GUI packet capture and analysis
- Fully integrated with Wireshark
- WLAN packet capture and transmission
- Full 802.11 a/b/g/n support
- View management, control and data frames
- Multi-channel aggregation (with multiple adapters)