Wireshark 1.2 Released
Jun 15, 2009
Wireshark 1.2.0 has been released. This is the new stable release branch of
Wireshark and many new and exciting features have been added since 1.0 was
In this release
- Wireshark has a spiffy new start page.
- Display filters now autocomplete.
- A 64-bit Windows (x64) installer is now provided.
- Support for the c-ares resolver library has been added. It has
many advantages over ADNS.
- Many new protocol dissectors and capture file formats have
- Macintosh OS X support has been improved.
- GeoIP database lookups.
- OpenStreetMap + GeoIP integration.
- Improved Postscript(R) print output.
- The preference handling code is now much smarter about
- Support for Pcap-ng, the next-generation capture file format.
- Support for process information correlation via IPFIX.
- Column widths are now saved.
- The last used configuration profile is now saved.
- Protocol preferences are changeable from the packet details
- Support for IP packet comparison.
- Capinfos now shows the average packet rate.
For a complete list of changes, please refer to the
1.2.0 release notes.
Official releases are available right now from the