Name: Wireshark buffer exception handling vulnerability
Date: September 7, 2011
Affected versions: 1.6.0 to 1.6.1
Fixed versions: 1.6.2
A malformed capture file could result in an invalid root tvbuff and cause a crash.
It may be possible to make Wireshark crash by convincing someone to read a malformed packet trace file.
Upgrade to Wireshark 1.6.2 or later.
I have a lot of traffic...
ANSWER: SteelCentral™ Packet Analyzer PE $29.95/yr
- • Visually rich, powerful LAN analyzer
- • Quickly access very large pcap files
- • Professional, customizable reports
- • Advanced triggers and alerts
- • Fully integrated with Wireshark and AirPcap™