Name: Multiple problems in Wireshark
Date: July 10, 2008
Affected versions: 0.8.19 up to and including 1.0.1
Fixed versions: 1.0.2
Wireshark 1.0.2 fixes the following vulnerability:
Wireshark could crash while reassembling packets.
Versions affected: 0.8.19 to 1.0.1
It may be possible to make Wireshark crash by injecting a series of malformed packets onto the wire or by convincing someone to read a malformed packet trace file.
Upgrade to Wireshark 1.0.2 or later. Due to the nature of this bug, there is no workaround for previous versions.
I have a lot of traffic...
ANSWER: SteelCentral™ Packet Analyzer PE $29.95/yr
- • Visually rich, powerful LAN analyzer
- • Quickly access very large pcap files
- • Professional, customizable reports
- • Advanced triggers and alerts
- • Fully integrated with Wireshark and AirPcap™