Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Download a capture file that contains an Ethernet FCS

From: chuck c <bubbasnmp@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 11:10:30 -0600

Plenty of FCS. They all validate as good so you'll need to modify one to get a "Bad".

On Thu, Jan 13, 2022 at 3:00 AM Maël Hörz <mh-nexus@xxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

As many of you probably know, lots of modern hardware/operating system
combinations do not allow to capture Ethernet frames with an embedded
FCS (checksum).

I looked at several example capture files, but none so far seemed to
contain an FCS.

Does anybody here have a link to such a file, ideally with the higher
layers being TCP or UDP, and maybe some where the FCS is wrong as well.

(I know I could somehow patch it into an existing capture file, but I'd
like a range of real world examples for developing/debugging/learning
purposes.)

Best regards,
Maël Hörz