Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] any examples of how to hook up Lua dissector to user_dlt tree?

From: Ariel Burbaickij <ariel.burbaickij@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 10:20:01 +0200
Hello community,
I would like to write Lua dissector for a binary, i.e. not text,  proprietary protocol on top of user_dlt. Are there any examples available, which roughly show how this is done ? Could you point me to them as I have not found much interesting yet.

In particular, how actual hooking should look like:

local user_dlt = DissectorTable.get("user_dlt")  // user_dlt dissector exists in Wireshark
user_dlt:add(148, my_protocol_to_be_dissected) // my protocol uses user_dlt 148

or is it something else ?

Kind Regards
Ariel Burbaickij