Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] config problem - not seeing all messages

From: Gisle Vanem <gisle.vanem@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 10:38:40 +0200
Graham Bloice wrote:

I've used the cheap switches that mirror from Netgear, the current model is the GS305e <https://www.netgear.com/business/wired/switches/plus/gs305e/>, which I haven't actually used, or if you can get it, the older model the GS105e which I've used a lot.  Make sure you get the "e" versions as they make slightly cheaper unmanaged versions that won't mirror ports.  They also have 8 port versions, but I prefer the smaller one to go into my "Wireshark" bag of bits.

Couldn't the OP simply change his MAC-address(es)
to have the least-significant bit set?

A free fix.

--
--gv