Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Problem with parsing NGAP UL Configuration Request

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 17:14:06 +0200
Hi Dincer,

Le mer. 28 avr. 2021 à 17:07, Dincer Beken <dbeken@xxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

Hello all,

I am trying to handle the 5G UL Ran configuration transfer message. I am encoding an XN TNL Information Item with asn1c. All IEs and messages so far have worked well, but the Tunnel Information item does not work for me.
I cannot see the Tunnel Information elements (IPs.).

Your TransportLayerAddress item has a length of 132 bits, which neither match an IPv4 only address (32 bits), of 1Pv6 only address (128 bits) or an IPv4 followed by an IPv6 address (160 bits). Thus wireshark does not try to decode the payload of this unknown length. If you tried to encode an IPv4 and/or IPv6 address, then you have a bug.

Best regards,
Pascal.

I am using wireshark version 3.40. I have attached the capture.

I am stuck on this and would appreciate any help. If anyone here is experienced with ASN1c/NGAP/S1AP, if I could get an alternative capture, I would be very grateful.

Thanks,
Dincer

Dincer Beken
Software Developer

t: +49 8331 99 59-852

e:
dbeken@xxxxxxxxxxx
w:
https://blackned.de

blackned GmbH · zugspitzstraße 1 · 87751 heimertingen
geschäftsführer: timo haas · hrb memmingen 17319

Diese eMail enthält vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschützte Informationen.
Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese eMail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und löschen Sie diese eMail.
Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser eMail ist nicht gestattet.

This eMail may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this eMail in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this eMail.
Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the contents in this eMail is strictly forbidden.