Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Latency and other issue with 2 PCAP files

From: chuck c <bubbasnmp@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 09:35:01 -0500
You might try asking this on the Q&A site - https://ask.wireshark.org/questions/ - and include VOIP or RTP in the title.

On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 2:44 AM Hugo van der Kooij via Wireshark-users <wireshark-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

Is there a better way to check latency and packetloss then doing a hard manual compare?

I have 2 PCAP files taken on both ends of SDWAN link that we suspect is absolutely not doing a good job. We used the filter on 2 specific subnets while doing a telephone call . So we have the data  and looking at the seperately it seems the SDWAN link is not doing well.

But I was hoping for a better and smarter way to determine packet loss and latency based on a set of PCAP files taken on both ends.

Anyone has better or smarter way to point more definitively to how bad it realy is?

Regards, Hugo.