Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] [Wireshark-dev] The Wireshark wiki has a new home

From: chuck c <bubbasnmp@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2020 09:50:34 -0500
"Create a GitLab account if you don't already have one."

I guess step #1 is pretty clear but wanted to double check.
Would using an existing non-Gitlab account work or best to create and use a Gitlab account name?

I created a separate wiki-only repository at https://gitlab.com/wireshark/editor-wiki and set up a two-way git mirror between its wiki and https://gitlab.com/wireshark/wireshark/-/wikis (item 2 above). I've made a few test edits and it seems to be working OK. If you'd like to try it out, please send me you GitLab account name directly. We'll want to switch back to public requests as described at https://gitlab.com/wireshark/wireshark/-/wikis/HowToEdit, but there's no sense in spamming -dev. I plan on making the editor-wiki repository private at some point in order to avoid linking to it instead of the main wiki.