Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Code of Conduct for our community

From: Uli Heilmeier <zeugs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2020 17:48:16 +0200
All,

As discussed in the last Remote Developer Den meeting I see a Code of Conduct (CoC) as helpful for our community.
I've always felt comfortable and welcome in the Wireshark community. But I'm a white old man so my view may have some bias.

I propose that we adopt the "Contributor Covenant" version 2 [1] for our community.
This is a well established CoC with a good scope (including code review, mailing lists, ask.wireshark.org, Sharkfest).

The instance to handel reports should be a team consisting of 3 or 5 well accepted community members (not only core
devs). The email address to reach them should be an alias or so (reports@xxxxxxxxxxxxx).
We should have a wiki page where the team members are listed (similar to node.js [2]).

[3] gives a nice overview of CoC and is a good starting point to read. [4] is a scientific paper discussing some aspects
of different CoC.

So, what's your opinion? Any concerns? Any suggestions?

Cheers
Uli

[1] https://www.contributor-covenant.org/version/2/0/code_of_conduct.html
[2] https://github.com/nodejs/admin/blob/master/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md